Production Assistant, imitating the dog
- Closes 20th November 2019
- Type Full time
- Salary Paid (£15k-20k)
- Contact Julie Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an exciting opportunity to work with ground-breaking theatre company imitating the dog on their new adaptation of George Romero’s classic film Night of the Living Dead. The role will entail attending rehearsals and performances at Leeds Playhouse from December 2019-February 2020 and then supporting a five-week UK tour in February and March 2020.
What will you do?
- Work with Artistic Directors Andrew Quick, Simon Wainwright, Pete Brooks and the creative team
- Undertake some stage management duties during rehearsals
- Work with the production team from Leeds Playhouse
- Source props and where appropriate, undertake basic prop making
- Assist the Directors in running rehearsals
- Undertake running duties
- Where possible, shadow the Artistic Directors
- Where appropriate, assist the technical team
Minimum essential requirements
- 18 years or older on the 1st of November 2019
- Have work authorisation for the UK
- There is a requirement to work flexibly which will include early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Be fully available for all 12 weeks, including all tour dates
This is a fixed term contract for 12 weeks.
Week commencing 16 December 2019: Development/rehearsal week, Leeds
6 Jan – 15 February 2020: Rehearsals and run, Leeds
17 February – 21 March 2020: UK tour – venues throughout UK
The post-holder will be required to travel, particularly with the production on tour. In these cases, travel costs will be paid and accommodation will be provided.
Fee £330 per week, plus ‘per diems’ allowance of £120 per week when on tour.
ITD is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce. We particularly welcome applications from people with a disability and / or who identify as BAME, as these voices are currently under-represented within the company.
How to Apply
Send CV and covering letter (no longer than 2 sides) outlining your interest and any relevant skills and experience to email@example.com Include 2 referees (will not be approached until post is offered).
Interviews will be held on 25 November 2019 in Lancaster (candidates invited for interview will be informed by close of 21st November)