Part-time Projects Assistant, Capoeira for All
- Category – Admin, Fundraising, Client development (Schools, Academies and educational organisations).
- Location – Liverpool, Merseyside
- Sectors – Arts, Culture & Creativity; Sport; Health & Wellbeing; Education;
- Contract length – 1 year (Fixed term contract, with a 6 month review)
- Hours of work – Part-time: 21 hours a week (3 days a week. Some flexibility may be required).
- Salary – £10,800 p.a.
The part-time Projects Assistant position in Capoeira for All is an exciting opportunity for someone to work as part of a rapidly growing sport-culture-arts-education organisation.
At the heart of everything we do, is the belief and understanding that the practice of Capoeira and its ethos and values is an extremely powerful tool for education, learning and development. We want to reach as many people as possible, taking our practice to places where the arts, culture, creativity and sport is least expected, and harnessing its transformative power for positive social change. All members of our team bring a unique approach to how the organisation achieves its mission, and we’re looking for the right person to bring their energy, enthusiasm and passion to help us grow, develop and transform even more lives.
- To take charge of general and project specific Administration tasks, supporting managers and staff across a range of projects.
- To assist the organisation managers and support them to create balance of delivery across a range of projects, fundraising activities and client development strategies.
- To develop a familiarity with Capoeira for All’s community business model and processes of working, including its diverse range of projects, income streams and ways of working.
- Supporting organisation managers and staff through the effective practical and administrative coordination of a range of projects, ensuring high quality logistical support for project delivery and execution.
- Providing high quality administrative support across a range of projects, creating procedures and systems to ensure effective and accurate data collection, including monitoring and evaluation, participant information and project specific data.
- Increasing funds by researching and targeting charitable trusts and grant giving bodies whose criteria match CfA’s aims and activities;
- Balancing time/cost ratios to ensure efficiency and focus effort on the most appropriate fundraising applications with the highest chance of success;
- Supporting in the development of CfA’s School Client Network, consisting of local schools, academies and other educational institutions, building on and expanding CfA’s already formed network
- Working with the CfA team in the planning, developing and execution of a Schools Strategy to best use resources to expand CfA’s School Client Network;
- Bringing in additional funding through selling services to an expanded Schools Client Network.
- Highly developed organisational skills with consistent attention to detail, accuracy and an ability to see tasks through to completion.
- Excellent skills in ensuring a high quality of administrative organisation across multiple projects.
- A very high order of interpersonal and team working skills.
- Be able to work flexibly, from varying locations as projects demand.
- Excellent literacy and communication skills.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and prioritise tasks effectively.
- The ability to identify and alert the Project Manager to any issues of concern quickly and in a professional manner.
- Creative problem solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot effectively.
- The ability to remain confident, composed and resilient under pressure.
- Experienced in working towards deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- The ability to summarise and present information clearly.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and standard social media platforms, including emails.
- A willingness to support all aspects of Capoeira for All’s social goals and objectives.
- Experience working with young people from a number of different settings.
- Knowledge of the local education sector with experience in building professional, working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of and passion for the arts, creative and cultural sector.
Application process and contact details:
To apply, email a copy of your most up to date CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role, to email@example.com by December 23rd, 12pm.
Candidates will then be invited to an interview on January 4th or 6th 2017.
If you would like further information, please contact Akil: 07821372543
At Capoeira for All CiC we value a diverse team and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
About Capoeira for All CiC
Capoeira for All is a not-for-profit Community Interest Company established to explore and develop how the arts, in particular Capoeira, can significantly enrich people’s lives. It is a local, Merseyside-based organisation ran by highly qualified staff with extensive experience in the arts, education and over 20 years of Capoeira practice.
Our key aims are:
- Encourage participation in the arts and sports for all ages and all abilities
- Promote Capoeira as an art form that can help significantly enrich people’s lives
- Develop creativity, social cohesion and foster greater cultural diversity and awareness
- Raise the profile of Capoeira in the North West and beyond
What is Capoeira?
Capoeira is an exciting and dynamic Afro-Brazilian art-form that combines elements of dance, martial arts, music, and play. Rich in a history that dates back to the 1500’s following the enslavement of Africans by Portuguese migrants in Brazil, this beautiful art has survived through hundreds of years of exploitation and adversity. In 2014 Capoeira was granted ‘Cultural Heritage Status’ by UNESCO, and is now established across the world, positively impacting people’s lives and communities