2032 – 2D Design Technician
- Salary: £21,534
- Location: Dale Street
- Level: Technical
- Deadline: 02/07/2020 12:00
- Hours: 37.00
- Benefits: Company Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Travel Loan Scheme, Employee Discount Benefits
- Job Type: Permanent [A]
- We may remove this advert prior to the closing date, if we have received high volume of applications. Please apply as soon as possible to avoid any disappointment
A fantastic opportunity to work in a multi-disciplinary design studio, working with a professional design team in delivering a high-quality programme of exhibitions, across our National Museums and Galleries. You will be supporting a small team of friendly designers in a 2D design capacity, to create memorable experiences for all our visitors.
Reporting to Head of Design you will:
- Provide 2D technical assistance for a high-quality design service in support of National Museums Liverpool’s programme of exhibitions, events, publications and publicity campaigns utilising the latest Adobe Creative suite programs and Microsoft Office software.
- To assist in the formulation of designs from concept to completion, working closely with Senior Designers and the client.
- Support the development of detailed design schemes as directed by the Senior Designers, working as part of a wider team.
- Problem solve both independently and as part of a team to ensure designs are engaging, informative and safe.
- Ensure that the highest standards of design are applied to all projects, always endeavouring to provide best value for money.
- Support the Senior Designers in the implementation of the exhibition programme according to agreed overall timetables and budgets.
- Ensure that comprehensive records are upheld within the Design Studio to inform the delivery of future schemes.
- Provide support and advice to clients on all matters relating to the production of exhibitions and publicity material.
- Review detailed designs with Senior Designers as they develop and incorporate any changes required in agreement with the client and the Head of Design.
- Assist with the creation design proposal presentations for all major schemes undertaken.
- Prepare detailed specifications and instructions for contractors and suppliers.
- Obtain quotes and provide cost estimates for colleagues when required.
- Develop and maintain a list of suppliers and contractors and ensure that the service they provide matches the specification requirement.
- Attend and participate in workshops, seminars and meetings concerning the development of new design skills and techniques.
- Adhere to the standards expected of all public services as defined by the HM Treasury publication “Managing Public Money”. Those standards are honesty, impartiality, accountability, openness, accuracy, reliability, transparency, objectivity, integrity and fairness. These standards should be carried out in the spirit of, as well as the letter of, the law; in the public interest; to high ethical standards and achieving value for money.
- Contribute to the management, discussion and communication of risk as appropriate to your role. Ensure you follow, adhere to and implement (where appropriate) effective controls for policies, processes and systems within your department, directorate and for the organisation.
- Assist with the supervision of volunteers and work placement students, undertaking periodic appraisal and facilitating their training in association with IS staff and NML’s HR team.
- Develop NML’s commitment to Equality and Diversity and promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
- Manage National Museum Liverpool’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, National Museums Liverpool’s access and Safeguarding policy as well as other appropriate practices and guidelines.
- Take responsibility for personally participating in the Performance Development & Review process (PDR).
- Undertake additional duties, as required, from time to time.
- Undertake training and development courses and programmes, as required.
- Show the highest integrity and confidentiality in the pursuance of these duties.
The details contained in this job description reflect the content of this job at the date of being prepared. It is however possible that over time the nature of the job will change. Consequently National Museums Liverpool will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.
Click HERE for the Employee Specification & Further Application Details