LOOK/17: Liverpool International Photography Festival.
Fee. Fixed fee £15,000 (approx.£29,000 pro rata)
Project length: September 2016 – June 2017 (9 months)
Time Commitment: Part time leading to full time during Festival delivery.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The post-holder will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to the duties which may have to be undertaken subject to the needs of the Festival.
Application process & schedule
Please send a CV and cover letter highlighting your ability and experience to meet the requirements of the job description and person specification for the position of Festival Coordinator to:
Lawrence George Giles, LOOK Chair of the Board, email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 5pm, Friday 2nd September. Interviews will be conducted on Monday 12th September at the Open Eye Gallery with the role commencing as soon as possible.
LOOK presents Liverpool’s International Photography Biennial; a four-week festival with a programme of exhibitions, talks, tours, workshops, participation activities and screenings. The LOOK festival features work by emerging and established artists from Liverpool, the UK and beyond. It combines historical exhibitions with contemporary solo and group shows. The majority of work on display is new or being shown in the UK for the first time.
LOOK has already delivered four successful editions of the festival, in 2007, 2011, 2013 and 2015, and is now established as one of the leading photography festivals in the UK. To build on from these accomplishments the LOOK Board is seeking an entrepreneurial and energetic individual to oversee and coordinate the delivery of the 2017 festival and support photographic practice in Liverpool and the wider North West.
Overview of role
Based at The Open Eye Gallery, Liverpool, the Festival Coordinator will work closely with the Festival Curator and Chair of the Board of Directors to deliver the Liverpool International Photography Festival. You will also be the main point of contact for Fringe artists/venues and be responsible for managing festival volunteers.
You will need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to oversee LOOK’s social media and online presence throughout the Festival.
The Festival Coordinator will report to the Festival Curator and Chair and will play a crucial role in the day to day running of the festival ensuring the smooth delivery of the festivals events.
You will be responsible for the successful co-ordination of the festival programme, ensuing logistics and requirements are managed effectively and that all events run to budget and to deadline.
- To work closely with the Festival Curator and oversee all Festival participants and artists including detailed negotiation of all requirements and technical specifications.
- To oversee the content of the Festival website and social media platforms in the lead up to and during the festival.
- To oversee and manage a pool of volunteers to deliver the LOOK/17 festival.
- To manage relationships between the festival’s partners and stakeholders in order to ensure a co-ordinated strategy for the delivery of LOOK activities.
- To maintain organisational budget and complete financial reporting to Board and funders as required
- To oversee evaluation processes of the festival, including data collection analysis, reporting and development of legacy materials
- To maintain and expand a database of professional contacts for LOOK
- To report to the Festival Board at regularly scheduled meetings, providing update reports and information about strategic goals.
- To meet fortnightly (approximately) with the Chair to provide updates and development
- To maintain effective communication with current stakeholders and the Board
- To identify new contacts in business and the community with the aim of establishing new partnerships and opportunities for collaboration
- To undertake a detailed post-festival evaluation, with recommendations for future Festivals