Liverpool Screen School, LJMU
Job Title: Lecturer in Media Production (Teaching Only)
Grade: Grade 7 Salary: £32,004 – £38,183
Hours: Full time
Location: Redmonds Building Although staff may be asked to work in any location within the University. Mobility between locations will be subject to the exigencies of the service.
Responsible to: Head of Media Production
Closing Date: 24/03/2017
Core Academic Teaching Responsibilities:
To ensure an excellent student learning experience through:
- Planning and teaching courses in line with LJMU’s Learning Teaching and Assessment strategy, Academic Framework and quality requirements
- Lecturing/teaching/assessing at all levels and evaluating teaching and learning practice
- Leading on/contributing to programme / module development and curriculum review.
- Working with colleagues to support a strong academic programme identity
- Producing teaching materials informed by current research that motivate and inspire student learning
- Making appropriate use of technology to support learning and teaching, e.g. LJMU’s VLE
- Supervising and providing support and guidance for student learning activities, such as work-based learning and research activities and, where appropriate, placements
- Marking/assessing assignments and examinations and providing timely and constructive feedback to students
- Responding to student feedback and taking action on this
- Providing academic support and guidance for students
- Participating in ongoing professional development and evaluation of practice relating to learning, teaching and assessment in line with qualifications and experience, changes in subject/discipline, pedagogic development and innovation in learning technology. This includes participating in the improvement of teaching through the University’s observation and peer review schemes.
- Appropriate professional development support for teaching and learning matched to individual’s qualifications and experience will be provided by LJMU 2
Post Specific Duties:
- Contribute to lectures, seminars, workshops and one-to-one student support for practical modules
- Teach a range of technical skills as well as offering an area of specialisation in one or more of the following: motion graphics, compositing, rostrum camera, multimedia, multiplatform, cinematography (including lighting design), sound, editing, post-production, production design, directing and producing
- Supervise production projects/dissertations
- Contribute to extra-curricular and enterprise media projects connected to both the university and the local community
- Contribute to team recruitment activities (Open Days, interviews and outreach in local colleges/schools)
- Undertake and establish networking duties with local and national creative industry partners
- Work alongside the media production team in delivering the undergraduate curriculum and developing / delivering a new Masters Programme
The appointee will be allocated other academic duties, commensurate with the grade, as deemed necessary by the Director of the School / Institute.
Commitment to LJMU’s values and regulations, including equal opportunities policy. A commitment to Professional Standards through continuous professional development and evaluation practice.
Liverpool John Moores University recognises and is aware of its Social, Economic and Environmental responsibilities, the post holder is required to minimise environmental impact in the performance of the role and actively contribute to the delivery of LJMU’s Environmental Policy.
The post-holder’s mandatory Health and Safety responsibilities, which have been agreed by the University’s Strategic Management Team, are contained in Section 2 of the University’s Safety Management Code of Practice MCP1 Organisation for the Implementation of the Health and Safety Policy.
For some of your activity, from time to time, you may be required to contribute to externally funded projects such as research or EU projects.