Lead Artist, Where You’re At
approx. 22 days over 6 months
£4,000 total payment
As Lead Artist you will lead on all aspects of delivery as well as devising the programme and recruiting participants though new and existing partners. You will have a particular focus on:
- Recruiting and managing an early career artist to support the delivery of the project.
- Working and networking with public agencies and voluntary sector partners to recruit young people into the project.
- Maintaining and building on these relationships throughout the course of the project.
- Planning, delivering and evaluating a suitable theatre for social change programme for young people (note: it is most likely these activities will be face to face in a COVID secure space).
- Working with the external evaluator to identify next steps to make recommendations for future projects and programmes of work.
The successful applicant will be someone with good experience of community/participatory theatre and a working knowledge of theatre for social change. They will have an excellent understanding some of the issues facing the migrant community in the UK and ideally have experience of working with people whose first language isn’t English. It is envisaged the artist will be North West based. Due to the nature of the project, we are particularly interested in hearing from artists of colour.