John Ellerman Collections Management Assistant, Lakeland Arts
- Closes 20th March 2020
- Type Full time
- Salary Paid (£15k-20k)
- Contact Margaret Brennan email@example.com
Position: John Ellerman Collections Management Assistant
Organisation: Lakeland Arts
Location: UK, England, Kendal
Fixed Term: 2 years, 6 months
Closing Date: 20 March 2020
This is an exciting opportunity for an aspiring collections manager to gain skills during a major redevelopment at Abbot Hall Art Gallery and the Museum of Lakeland Life & Industry (MOLLI)
You’ll become an integral part of the team, helping oversee collections moves as we close to the public, the decanting of the galleries and the upgrading of our existing stores.
– To manage all collections documentation to SPECTRUM standards, updating object moves and conservation information to the collections database (MODES)
– Assisting with the decant of Abbot Hall and galleries in the MOLLI
– Supporting the Curatorial team in the planning and delivery of an upgraded storage system
– Overseeing and record the movement of collection during the redevelopment
– Working with the Curatorial team in the planning and installation of, the permanent collection prior to the reopening of Abbot Hall
– Surveying existing documentation to reconcile documentation with collections objects
– Responding to enquiries and administer image reproduction requests
– To handle/ move collection objects observing best practice procedures
– To contribute to collection care and environmental monitoring schedules of collection storage areas
– To apply knowledge and action preventative conservation
– Be a key holder and have responsibilities within the emergency plan
To apply, please complete an application form available to download from Lakeland Arts website www.lakelandarts.org.uk/.
Sorry, but we don’t accept CVs.
This vacancy closes at 9.00am on 20th March, any forms received after this time won’t be accepted.
Return your completed application forms
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that our email servers will not accept emails larger than 10MB.
HR, Lakeland Arts,
Blackwell, The Arts & Crafts House,
Interviews will be held on 31st March 2020.
For an informal chat contact Kerri Offord, Head of Collections and Exhibitions, on 015398 88045 or email email@example.com