DEADLINE: 18th September 2021
This role will provide extra resilience for The Reader’s IT Team while we introduce a new team structure. You’ll bring your experience of IT hardware and software to the role to make sure key tasks get achieved to time, and that our systems keep up with emerging requirements from colleagues, site users and other stakeholders. You’ll take an active part in our day to day IT services provision, ensuring that all colleagues have the right equipment that does what it needs to do. Alongside the wider team, you’ll also be on hand to resolve and restore services as quickly as possible when they arise, in a secure and controlled way.
- Provide both remote and onsite support for staff and other site users
- Install, configure and maintain software and hardware components of computer and network systems
- Diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware issues
- Provide security to the organisation’s equipment by installing and upgrading antivirus and firewall software
- Maintain a close overview of the Help Desk function, providing expertise or cover when needed
- Responsibility for creating and maintaining a set of self-help guides to provide users with easy access to basic solutions to IT issues
- Support the availability of software, hardware and equipment including desktops, laptops, printers, tills, phones and photocopiers. This will include reporting faults to external suppliers, and carrying out maintenance when required
- Proactively monitor backups and other system reports, ensuring failures are notified to management and thoroughly investigated
- Ensure high quality documentation is recorded for standard processes and configurations so that all team members can access the information they need to assist in project work and helpdesk ticket resolutions
- General facilities support including IT equipment for room bookings and remote meetings
- Ensure all staff have a formal induction IT programme delivered which is successful and fit for purpose. Ensure training content is well-documented and reviewed.
- Support the process of hardware and software purchasing as required, ensuring solutions are fit for purpose and value for money
- Any other duties as directed by your line manager