Interpretation Officer (Content), Chester Zoo
- Closes 12th September 2016
- Location North West
- Type Full time
- Salary Paid (£15k-20k)
- Artform literature, Other, Interpretation
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our award winning Discovery and Learning Team is central to our visitors’ experience and their engagement with animals and conservation issues. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Interpretation Officer (Content) to support the development of a new interpretation signage scheme to be rolled out across the Zoo until December 2017.
The role involves:
- Using your zoological knowledge and talking to other departments to research and plan storylines and content for each exhibit
- Developing physical and/or digital materials, including writing copy, sourcing images, diagrams and models to deliver an engaging experience for all of our visitors
- Maintaining accurate records of work and co-ordinating research with others
- Under guidance, liaising with contractors and other Zoo staff to ensure safe installations and effective working practices
Hours of work are 35 hours per week, worked Monday to Friday, with the occasional need for weekend and out of hours working.
Salary is £19,133 per annum based on a 35 hour week.
For full details of the role and how to apply, please visit our website athttp://www.chesterzoo.org/footer/careers
Closing date is 12th September 2016