1653 – House of Memories Marketing Officer
Posted: 23/11/2016 17:00
Location: World Museum
Deadline: 12/12/2016 12:00
Benefits: Pension, employee assistance programme, flexible working, travel loan
Job Type: Fixed Term [F]
* Applications for this position is via CV. Please add a covering letter to your CV before uploading as one document.
This post is maternity cover, fixed term for a year or until the post holder returns which ever is sooner.
Interviews will be held on Monday 19th December
Purpose of the role
To further develop and deliver the integrated marketing and communications strategy for National Museums Liverpool’s award-winning dementia awareness programme, House of Memories.
Duties and responsibilities
- Reporting to the House of Memories Relationship Programme Manager, and working closely with the Marketing and Communications team, the post holder will:
- Support the development and delivery of marketing plans for House of Memories, and lead on specific campaigns and programmes.
- Create support for the House of Memories programme by maximising public exposure for National Museums Liverpool (NML).
- Raise awareness of House of Memories with target audiences and stakeholders across the UK and internationally, promoting dementia as a public health and social care priority worldwide.
- Position NML as a leader in its field, creating a sustained awareness of House of Memories and NML’s commitment to social inclusion at a local, national and international level.
- Profile House of Memories to demonstrate how the cultural sector can connect with the health and social care sector to make a real difference to carers and people living with dementia.
- Support the development and delivery of a sustained advocacy campaign, which assists growth and sustainability of House of Memories by attracting partnerships and funding support.
- Drive traffic to web pages and increase downloads of the My House of Memories app.
- Use effective publicity to increase public and professional take up of resources, including events and training.
- Support the development of a commercial model for the House of Memories ‘Train the Trainer’ programme and deliver a marketing strategy for this programme.
- Improve our digital engagement with visitors by leading House of Memories social media activity and developing its online presence on other platforms.
- Work with NML’s web team to create content for NML’s and House of Memories new website in line with content guidelines and ensure this is well promoted.
- Liaise with the research team to ensure House of Memories campaigns are effectively targeted.
- Effectively project manage House of Memories marketing campaigns and associated budgets.
- Liaise with colleagues in the marketing, press office and web teams to ensure House of Memories marketing campaigns are integrated with wider communications and digital plans.
- Assist in the development of departmental databases, supporting CRM and ensuring accurate and appropriate marketing applications.
- Monitor systems to ensure that House of Memories promotional materials are targeted and distributed creatively and effectively.
- Monitor and contribute to other organisations’ websites to promote the House of Memories offer.
- Maintain effective communications and working relationships between staff and other colleagues within the organisation.
- Maintain and initiate regular contact with external organisations across the cultural and health communities to build on existing House of Memories partnerships for mutual benefit, and to develop joint marketing initiatives.
- Manage personal workload and keep accurate and complete records, files, budgets and evaluation reports.
- Undertake other duties of a similar nature as may be required from time to time.
- Develop National Museums Liverpool’s commitment to Equality and Diversity and promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
- The post holder will be expected to show the highest level of integrity and confidentiality in the provision of these duties.
- Adhere to National Museums Liverpool’s Health and Safety, Access and Safeguarding policies and procedures, as well as other appropriate practices and guidelines.
The details contained in this job description reflect the content of this job at the date of being prepared. It is however, possible that over time the nature of the job will change. Consequently, National Museums Liverpool will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.
Full details and how to apply, HERE