Head of Technology, The Reader
- Closes 2nd September 2019
- Type Full time
- Salary Paid (£25k-30k)
- Contact Kate Harrison email@example.com
As part of the award of National Lottery Funding, the digital infrastructure for the charity is being reviewed.
We are looking for a target-driven, motivated and focused leader to take responsibility for the IT Department and requirements of The Reader Group at this pivotal time of digital change. While this is being undertaken we need a dynamic individual who shares our values to be responsible for managing the staff, relationships and systems required to ensure that the technology supports the aims of the charity and businesses and enables growth, helping the charity achieve its vision.
- Develop the IT Strategy for and architecture of the organisation in light of the current digital transformation work being undertaken within the organisation.
- Lead and champion digital engagement at all levels across the organisation.
- Manage the IT Team to help colleagues across the organisation troubleshoot technology issues and develop a training strategy to support self-help with basic computer technical issues.
- Manage the IT budget to ensure that it is utilised effectively and the budget is not exceeded by year end.
- Work with the People Team and Hub Managers to develop a strategy to ensure that the best available technology within budget restraints is available for volunteers.
- Own the relationship with the technical agency following completion of the digital project, ensuring they are providing value for money in their on-going support.
Provide insight and leadership in all aspects of digital communications from user experience, content and optimisation, through to technical infrastructure.