- Deadline: 16th August 2021
- Salary: (£30k-40k)
Shakespeare North Playhouse in Prescot, Merseyside, is due to open to the public in Summer 2022. We are seeking a Head of Technical and Facilities to create a new technical team, ensuring efficient technical systems, staffing and operations are in place and appropriate maintenance is carried out. The jobholder will have significant experience of the management and maintenance of a building. The main responsibilities are:
- Create a new technical team and build the appropriate systems and protocols.
- Contribute to the procurement and selection as well as leading the implementation of the technical fit out, liaison with suppliers and contractors to establish the technical performance spaces including the co-ordination with the construction and operational teams.
- Work closely with visiting companies to ensure their technical needs are met as economically as possible and ensure there is compliance with agreed contractual terms.Work closely with the Creative Director and lead individuals for partners and co-producers to put together and oversee a creative/production team for in-house work or co-productions, comprising designers, stage managers and others and liaison with makers or providers of sets, costumes, props etc. and hiring or purchasing any additional technical
- Work with the Technical HODs and ensure that the producers, touring companies, and production teams receive the highest standards of customer care.
- Lead the Technical team by example. This will require some time working on stage as an active member of the team for technical rehearsals, get ins / outs and overseeing shifts.
- Ensure that materials and services required by the Technical Department are ordered in accordance with the company’s approved procedures, supplying information for accounts and calculating contra charges.
- Be accountable for Health and Safety compliance both ‘back stage’ and ‘front of house’.
- With the House Manager, share responsibilities to ensure that the building is presented to the highest standards, and that the building is safe for use by its staff, visitors and customers at all times.This is a fixed term role for 20 months.
Interested applicants should visit www.shakespearenorthplayhouse.co.uk/jobs/ for application details.