Head of Learning and Development – Liverpool
Head of Learning and Development
Salary £35,392 per annum
37 hours per week
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Friday 13 October 2017
Interviews to be held: Thursday 19 October 2017
PSS is a social enterprise that works across the North of England, Midlands and North Wales. We believe that whatever challenges life brings, people should have the chance to change things for the better.
This role sits within the Operations Directorate of PSS and is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies to help us develop our people and ensure they have the knowledge and skills to be the best they can be in their job roles.
If successful your main responsibilities and focus will be to deliver our Learning and Development Strategy and continually develop it to meet changing needs. You’ll be responsible for supporting the business through the provision of high quality and cost-effective learning opportunities to meet organisational, team and individual needs.
You’ll be a member of our senior management team based at our head office in Liverpool and you’ll contribute to the direction of the organisation by having input in into wider thinking about our strategy, or as we call it ‘The Big Plan’.
- A qualification in Learning & Development at Level 5 or above or comparable expertise through study or experience
- Knowledge of blended learning, use of e-learning, v-learning, ICT and information to support the delivery of learning and development strategy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain effective relationships with your team, people right across PSS and our external suppliers.
- Experience of successfully leading a learning and development function within an organisation (this can be any sort of organisation but if your experience is in a health/social care setting this will be a bonus)
- Self-belief and drive, along with a positive and ‘can do’ attitude
Please send your completed application form and monitoring form to email@example.com
PSS values the importance of Diversity