Grin Theatre Company – seeking a Producer
Overview – Grin Theatre Company is based in Liverpool and its main theme is LGBT new theatre and performance. The company also present strong mainstream theatre as well as LGBTQ.
We are looking for a strong candidate to join the production team as general theatre/admin producer. This is a non- paid voluntary position. We have 2 producers in place at the moment – one for tech and one working alongside the artistic team, but we are looking at having a third producer to take an overall role in the day to day running of the company.
Experience in admin skills (including IT), marketing and publicity is desirable BUT not essential.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To meet regularly (at least once a month) with the artistic director and production team
- To organise and assist with recruitment enquires and selection including but not limited to; writers, actors, directors and technicians
- To coordinate alongside the artistic/production team, venues for all upcoming productions and maintain a good relationship with all venues ; also developing and maintaining a database for available venues in the area
- To develop relationships within local and national Arts organisations and develop future partnerships.
- To manage productions and any level and be capable to handling any technical needs (that may arise) for the show, such as having a basic understanding of lighting design, sound design and operation, set design, prop management and costume
- Be capable of learning new skills in order to fulfil duties within the company
- To organise rehearsal space locally
- To actively seek out fundraising opportunities for the company
- To manage social media and create suitable publicity & press releases
- To help develop marketing strategies for the Artistic Programme
Expressions of interest – please email firstname.lastname@example.org