- Closes: 7th May 2021
- Type: Full time
- Salary: Paid (£50k+)
- Contact: Sean Baggaley Sean.Baggaley@oldham.gov.uk
Gallery Oldham has been awarded funding to commission a freelance artist to produce a new highlights map of our building and surrounding spaces. This work is intended to update signage and enable visitors to navigate changes over the past year. These include a new one-way route around the building, the closure of our café and redesign of several interactive spaces.
This illustrated map would initially be reproduced in printed signage and may feature on trails and other printed materials in future. It will be designed to increase engagement with collections by picking out highlights across the site.
Design illustrative map of Gallery Oldham and surrounding spaces.
The design will:
- Be an exciting, adventurous, high-quality piece of art.
- Bring Gallery Oldham to life and take visitors on a journey of the building.
- Include the new one-way system.
- Feature highlights from our collections.
- Friday 7 May at 5pm: Deadline to submit expression of interest.
- Wednesday 12 May: Successful artist contacted.
- Friday 14 May: Meeting to discuss design with Gallery Team.
- Friday 21 May: Design submitted by artist.
- Wednesday 26th May: Final design sign-off / final design submitted.
£500– we expect you to spend 2 days approximately on this project.
How to Apply
We want to make our application process as simple as possible. Please send an email with ‘Gallery Oldham Map’ as the subject heading to the Gallery Oldham team via firstname.lastname@example.org, consisting of the following:
- CV with contact details and a short covering letter outlining your artistic practice and experience.
- Images of relevant artistic work.
- 200 words on how you would approach this project and initial design inspiration.
Please send your applications by 5pm, Friday 7 May 2021.
You will receive an email from us confirming receipt – please get in touch if you do not receive this within 48 hours.
Contact Oldham Council Creativity and Culture via email@example.com with any queries.
We look forward to receiving your expression of interest!