GALLERY ASSISTANT, THE TURNPIKE
Location Leigh, Greater Manchester
Type Part time
The Turnpike is seeking a part time Gallery Assistant to join our growing organisation.
As a key member of our small team you will work alongside the Director, Learning Coordinator and Events & Facilities Officer to help us create and important space for art. We are seeking a team player with a positive, flexible outlook, capable of working within a fast-paced environment.
The role is for three days per week. Working pattern to be discussed but anticipated as three full days, with occasional weekend working.
- Answering enquires and taking room bookings
- Assisting with exhibition installations and events
- Supporting workshops and outreach activities
- Processing invoices and maintaining financial databases
- Maintaining The Turnpike’s diary of events
- Organising volunteer rotas
- Raising orders and arranging deliveries
- Helping to maintain the venue
Experience, knowledge and skills required:
- A confident, assured and personable manner
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Excel, Word and Outlook email systems
- An ability to prioritise and be proactive
- An ability to work independently and as part of a small friendly team
- A high standard of literacy and numeracy
- An interest in contemporary art
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm Saturday 15 April.
Applications should comprise of:
- Relevant CV
- Covering letter addressing all points of the job description (no more than 2 A4 pages)
- Please title your email ‘Gallery Assistant’