Front of House Assistant (Part-Time)
Hours: Part time, 0.2 FTE (7.5 hours per week) working Saturdays
Salary: Assistant Grade, £66.92 per day
Centre for Chinese Contemporary Art (CFCCA) are seeking a Front of House Assistant to bring their experience and enthusiasm to ensure a positive first experience of CFCCA for our weekend visitors. Working Saturdays, the candidate will maintain excellent visitor services through supporting the Volunteer Project Coordinator and front of house volunteer team to carry out reception duties, including meeting and greeting visitors, answering telephone calls and responding to enquiries. The role will also support the Operations team to ensure CFCCA’s venue is clean, safe and welcoming for audiences, artists, contractors and staff.
Our workforce should be representative of the artists and audiences we seek to engage and currently, this is not the case. In a commitment to positive action therefore, we particularly encourage applications from candidates of Chinese heritage, to bring the necessary lived experience and nuanced understandings of being Chinese to this visitor facing role. However, we welcome candidates of all backgrounds that meet the person specification.
- Enthusiastic and confident with a hands-on attitude
- Good communicator who enjoys engaging with diverse groups of people
- Ability to work under your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Good IT skills with the ability to pick up new skills quickly
- Reliable with excellent time keeping and time management
- Commitment to championing inclusivity, equity and diversity
- An active interest in contemporary arts
- Fluent in Mandarin or Cantonese
To find out more or to apply, please visit: https://cfcca.org.uk/opportunities/work-with-us/
Application deadline: Mon 17 May, 12 noon.