Project Co-ordinator (Freelance)
Fixed Fee £24,000 (paid in six instalments of £4000 per quarter)
18 month contract
The Deaf Museum, which is run by the British Deaf History Society (BDHS) and based in Warrington, is seeking a project co-ordinator with experience of the art and museum sector to work a 18-month contract on a Heritage Lottery Funded project as follows:
- Develop training programmes for Volunteers and Trustees
- Create and develop new fundraising strategies
- Create and develop a 5-year Forward/Business Plan (which will include future relocation)
- Develop partnership and consultation opportunities with other local deaf heritage projects
- Assist in the BDHS’s 25th anniversary celebrations
- Assist in new strategies for the museum
This is a freelance post with hours to suit the successful applicant. However, a desk will be made available in the Deaf Museum for use when required.
Please be aware that all volunteers and Trustee members are profoundly deaf so experience of working in a deaf environment and in the use of British Sign Language will be an advantage. Failing this, excellent communication and writing skills will be most desirable.
Closing date: 14 May 2018
Interviews will take place on Monday 21 May
For an application form and further details please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Because the current volunteer staff are deaf, we are not able to provide telephone consultation or answer telephone enquiries.