Deadline: Noon on Thursday 2 June 2016.
Summer 2016 – Spring 2018
Sefton Libraries seek a highly experience Creative Programmer, with credible creative commissioning, programming and evaluation, communications and project management expertise.
Following a successful bid to the Arts Council Libraries Fund, we are launching Creative Transitions, a project about artists developing creative ways to increase library users’ engagement with the arts and to increase the number of people using our libraries.
Creative Transitions celebrates and develops the unique role that Libraries play as places of support and inspiration during times of change in people’s lives; and uses arts to reach, understand and engage target communities across Sefton.
Role and responsibilities
· To develop and deliver a programme of artist commissions
· To collaborate with a range of delivery partners including artists, community groups, HE and FE, schools plus external partners
· To manage budgets and support fundraising and income generation
· To maximise target audience participation and public engagement
· a creative and strategic thinker
· a natural collaborator
· an inspiring programme leader
skills, vision and contacts to deliver artistic excellence in commissioning and events
extensive experience in
· creative programming, project development and production
· delivering innovation in audience engagement
· partnership development
· organisational change
· creative evaluation
You will have excellent skills and experience in
written and verbal communication
administration, financial and project management
Up to £40,000 + VAT fee for delivering Creative Transitions 2016-2018
Please send or email your CV, plus a covering letter (up to 2 pages) telling us why you are interested in the role, describing your relevant experience and suitability for the role, plus contact details for two referees to:
Lesley Davies, Senior Development Manager – Communities, Sefton Library Service, Crosby Library, Crosby Road North, Waterloo, Sefton L22 0LQ; 0151 934 4920; Lesley.firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Noon on 2 June 2016
Interviews: 10 June 2016