Deadline: Friday 14 August 2015. Paid (£10k-15k pro rata) (paid internship) Part time
Opportunity for a confident and enthusiastic Arts Intern to assist with new project ‘MARKET’.
MARKET is a socially engaged art installation and research project. It will employ anthropological methodologies as art practice to explore the decline in market culture and customs. The research will be presented as an art installation within the market, using archives and market stalls as aesthetic reference.
- Assist lead artist with recording oral histories with the public at Wigan market (WN11PN)
- Assist with the exhibition build at Wigan Market
- Invigilate exhibition at Wigan Market.
- Engage with the public during the invigilation period.
- Social media promotion including Twitter and Facebook.
- Some administration tasks.
Additional opportunities to shadow the artist and attend meetings with other creatives involved in project. The artist will also discuss further areas or skills applicants would like to develop, have experience in or assistance with.
- Keen interest in the arts either as a practitioner, curator or student.
- Confident and outgoing, able to approach the public.
- Flexible with working hours, able to work Saturdays.
- Able to work in a team.
- Happy to work alone.
Fee and days of work: Fee £1040. 160hrs over a 6 week period including Saturdays.
The position is reliant on an Arts Council Grant.
- Deadline for Applications: Friday 14th Aug 10pm.
- Interviews: Week beginning 17th Aug.
- Applicants informed of provisional success of application. Week beginning 24th Aug.
- Successful applicant informed of the outcome of Arts Council Bid. Week beginning 24th of Aug:
- Work Begins on research in Wigan Market. 7th September.
- Install. 28th Sept – 2ndOct.
- Invigilation. 5th – 17thOct.
- Take Down of Exhibition. 19th – 20thOct.
How to apply:
For an informal conversation about the role call Anna on 07936464820. To apply send a CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the key tasks and qualities, and explaining why you would be good for this position. Email email@example.com with the subject heading ‘MARKET arts assistant’.
To find out more about Smith’s previous projects visit http://annafcsmith.tumblr.com/