Filmmaker (freelance), The Anne Frank Trust UK
- Closes 7th March 2017
- Location North West
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£40k-50k pro rata)
- Contact Heather Boyce email@example.com
The Anne Frank Trust UK is an education charity that empowers young people with the knowledge, skills and confidence to challenge all forms of prejudice and discrimination. We are looking for filmmakers with experience of working with young people to help us pilot our new Free to Be programme in schools in the North West, North East and Yorkshire.
Over two days, you will support a small group of pupils in creating a short film about an issue of prejudice and/or bullying.
You will work in approximately 6-8 schools during our pilot between March and July. Following a pilot, the work will be extended and we expect to work with 4-5 schools per term.
Extensive filmmaking experience and own equipment. Skilled at working with young people. Patience, enthusiasm, creativity, reliability and sympathy for values of the Anne Frank Trust essential.
- In depth knowledge of Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or iMovie. Premiere Pro preferred for ease of use with mixed media: you need to shoot material, import, edit and output as a Quicktime movie very quickly.
- Your own laptop with editing software and a DSLR camera that shoots video and a tripod. Iphones also useful but we may be able to provide these.
- Experience of getting around issues of sound and lighting with limited resources.
- Experience working in a workshop environment with secondary aged pupils.
- Ease in creating storyboards to help pupils capture their ideas and visualize their concept.
- Punctuality, friendliness and general professional qualities.
- Some flexibility in availability as we need to coordinate dates that work with schools.
Please send CV, link to examples of your work on YouTube or Vimeo, your daily rate and/or a quote for the cost of working with a given number of schools at a time to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as the relevant regional manager/s:
North West: email@example.com
North East: firstname.lastname@example.org