We are looking to appoint a Festival Coordinator for 6 months to help with the administration and logistics of planning and running Homotopia Festival 2021.
15 hours per week, 6 months fixed term contract.
Salary: £650 per month (Full Time Equivalent: £19,500)
This role includes paid overtime.
Working alongside our Festival Director, you will be responsible for tasks including:
- General office administration, maintaining accurate records, responding to emails, dealing with phone calls etc.
- Events coordination, sourcing suppliers, working within a tight budget.
- Administrative support of artist and venue contracts.
- Greeting artists, liaising with venues and ensuring artists’ needs are met,
- Being an ambassador for the festival and acting as a contact person when required,
- Planning and undertaking audience and artist surveys, collating results, data input and other evaluation tasks,
- Other tasks reasonably assigned.
The ideal candidate will be excited to work as part of our team. They will be a confident communicator whether in-person, via email or on the phone. They will be able to follow instructions with strong attention to detail and feel confident to ask questions if unsure.
They should be capable of taking initiative and working independently, without direct supervision. This role is primarily based at the Homotopia office in Liverpool, but some remote and flexible working may be required, in-line with government guidance on covid-19.
Candidates should have a good understanding of LGBTQIA culture, but not necessarily direct personal experience.
The Festival Coordinator will be required to work considerably more hours (possibly working every day) during the festival and must be available to work from 28 October – 15 November. Hours will be agreed in advance and will primarily be in antisocial hours including evenings and weekends.
All extra hours will be at £12 an hour and agreed in advance.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this job.
Application deadline: Tuesday 1 June 2021 at 9am.
Interview date: Wednesday 9 June
Start date: Tuesday 22 June
To apply: complete the Festival Coordinator Application Form 2021 and an Equality and Diversity form and return to Festival Director Char Binns at email@example.com by 9am on Tuesday 1 June 2021.
We strongly encourage applications from folks who are currently underrepresented in the arts, which might include D/deaf and disabled, Black, PoC and Trans* applicants.