HOMOTOPIA IS THE UK’S LONGEST RUNNING LGBTQIA ARTS AND CULTURAL FESTIVAL. BASED IN LIVERPOOL, WE CURATE A PROGRAMME OF THEATRE, VISUAL ART, DANCE, FILM AND MUSIC EVERY NOVEMBER.
We are looking to appoint a freelance Festival Assistant to help in coordinating the planning and the day-to-day running of the festival.
Working alongside our Director, you will be responsible for administrative and marketing tasks to include:
• General office administration, maintaining accurate records, responding to emails, dealing with phone calls etc;
• Events coordination, sourcing suppliers, working within a tight budget;
• Greeting artists, liaising with venues and ensuring artists’ needs are met;
• Leading on social media marketing before and during the festival, in line with the festival marketing strategy. This should include content creation including designing sharable images, GIFs, short videos and writing/editing blogs;
• Website management (WordPress);
• Being an ambassador for the festival and acting as a contact person when required;
• Undertaking audience surveys, collating results, data input and other evaluation tasks;
• Other tasks reasonably assigned.
The ideal candidate will be dedicated to Homotopia Festival and excited to work as part of our team. They will be a confident communicator whether in-person, via email or on the phone. They will have an eye for design and a good grasp of social media marketing. They will be able to follow instructions with strong attention to detail and feel confident to ask questions if unsure.
They should be capable of taking initiative and working independently, without direct supervision.
This is a great opportunity to get lots of interesting, hands-on experience, fast, so would be ideal for someone looking to start or re-enter a career in the arts. Candidates should have good understanding of LGBTQIA culture, but not necessarily direct personal experience.
The role is for up to 14 hours per week for 12 weeks at £11 per hour.
We are monitoring the current situation and this role will initially be home-based but as soon as it is safe to do so, it will be a requirement that the post holder works at the Homotopia office in central Liverpool every Wednesday for a minimum of 5 hours. The remaining weekly hours may be worked flexibly and in other locations, in agreement with Homotopia’s Festival Director.
The Festival Assistant will be required to work considerably more hours (between 2 – 8 hours each day) during the festival and must be available to work from 28 October – 15 November. This will primarily be in antisocial hours including evenings and weekends. All extra hours will be at the same rate of pay as above.
This is a freelance position and the appointee will be responsible for paying their own national insurance and income tax. You must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this job.
Application deadline: Wednesday 12 August 2020 at 9am.
Interview date: Wednesday 19 August
Start date: w/c 31 August
IMPORTANT: We will cap the number of applications received at 70 complete forms, therefore, this opportunity may close before the deadline. To ensure your application is considered, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.