FACT: TEMPORARY PA TO THE DIRECTOR (CHIEF EXECUTIVE)
PURPOSE OF POST
This job opportunity has been created to cover the position while the permanent post holder is on furlough due to childcare commitments. Please note this role is temporary and part-time (25 hours per week for 6 weeks) and will require homeworking.
The purpose of the post is to:
- Provide administrative and secretarial support at a senior level to FACT’s Director (Chief Executive) to ensure the smooth management of their day to day affairs, and most effective use of their time. Handle sensitive issues in a professional, objective manner.
- Provide administrative and company secretary support to the FACT Board of Trustees with responsibility for coordinating and issuing papers and organising and minuting meetings.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage the Director’s electronic diary, assessing priority of appointments and reallocation as necessary.
- Process the Director’s correspondence, ensuring that incoming correspondence is dealt with by the Director/or on behalf of the Director, or by other staff as appropriate.
- Maintain the Director’s office systems, including data management, filing, credit card statements and expenses.
- Screen calls, enquiries and requests, and deal with them when appropriate.
- Assist the Director in researching and following up with action on matters which fall within the Director’s responsibility.
- Produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations for the Director.
- Organise meetings and ensure that Director is well prepared for those meetings, preparing agendas, pre-meeting briefings and meeting papers.
- Deal with HR administration and maintain personnel records on the People HR system, liaising closely with the HR Consultant.
- Manage arrangements for Board of Trustees and Sub-Committee meetings, including production/distribution of agenda and papers, and minuting meetings.
- Dealing with all Board queries in a timely and effective manner and communicate key messages to the members of the Board.
- Supervise all Charities Commission and Companies House related mail and deal with this or ensure that it is directed to the relevant staff member.
- Ensure paperwork is filed promptly with Companies House concerning changes to FACT Trustees or other relevant matters.
- Ensure an up-to-date and Chair-approved FACT Trustee Induction Pack is available and provided to new Trustees.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Director.
- Demonstrable success in a previous similar role.
- Highly organised with excellent administrative and time management skills,
- Experience of electronic diary management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, to enable professional interaction with a wide range of contacts, both internal and external to FACT.
- Ability to organise and plan own work.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- A flexible, pro-active approach to work including the ability to prioritise.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent IT skills, including a working knowledge of presentation software packages, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience of working in a creative or arts environment.
- HR administration experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download the full Job Description and Equal Opportunities and Monitoring Form below.
To apply, please send a covering letter, CV and Equal Opportunities and Monitoring Form to email@example.com.
Closing date: Sunday 19 July 2020 at midnight. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 21 July via Zoom.