Facilities Coordinator, The Reader
- Closes 2nd September 2019
- Type Full time
- Salary Paid (£15k-20k)
- Contact Kate Harrison firstname.lastname@example.org
Calderstones Mansion House is a beautiful Grade II Listed building sitting quietly in one of Liverpool’s best loved parks for families and the local community. You need to work hard to coordinate work keeping the site safe, clean and tidy, and to contribute to the organisation meeting its legal obligations. We will be welcoming thousands of visitors each year and the safety and presentation of our site is paramount to their experience. You will be working as part of a motivated, hard-working team and duties will include:
· To ensure you have a sound understanding of The Reader mission, ethos and values and can translate them into your work.
· To coordinate health and safety procedures across the Calderstones site including; ensuring sufficient fire warden and first aid cover for the site, arranging additional training where required, and working with the Head of Facilities & Capital Development, review and update the H&S policy, investigating and recording accidents and recommending improvements in safety standards
· To act as point of contact on site when necessary for external contractors working on the site, including alarm engineers and security personnel, liaising with these organisations as required.
· Ensure risk assessments are carried out for each site at Calderstones, record results, and report findings and/or actions to management. Maintain a Risk Assessment register to ensure RAs are completed regularly in accordance with our policy. Arrange regular training sessions to advise colleagues on the importance and procedure of RAs.
· To maintain and add to the Planned Preventative Maintenance Schedule and coordinate routine inspections of TR’s properties and hard/soft services, to determine defects/wear and tear, following up on actions as appropriate