Event Manager (Festival), Lake District Summer Music
- Closes 31st May 2019
- Type Full time
- Salary Paid (£15k-20k)
- Contact Claire Mattison firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to work at a classical music festival?
We’re looking for Event Managers to join this year’s Festival Team!
As one of two Event Managers, you will work as part of the LDSM Festival Team, which consists of a Production Manager, a Venues and Tech Manager, two Artist Managers, and two Event Assistants.
This role offers you the opportunity to be responsible for:
Event management, by
- Undertaking responsibility for Front of House management, managing Event Assistants and volunteers/patrons
- Ensuring the smooth running of all LDSM events
- Preparing door sales Box Office points in advance of the arrival of Box Office staff
- Ensuring LDSM meets its Health & Safety obligations
Front of House management, by
- Preparing comprehensive documents for Front of House staff at all venues
- Briefing all Front of House staff, including staff and volunteers, on their specific duties
- Providing high-quality customer service and dealing with any enquiries, complaints and emergencies
- Greeting sponsors and VIPs
- Counting and documenting all Front of House sales
- Managing all Front of House cash floats
- Assisting the Finance Officer in second-counting all Box Office and Front of House takings
This position is paid. Applicants are required to be available for the entirety of the period covering from lunchtime Wednesday 24 July until the afternoon of Saturday 10 August. Accommodation will be provided at the University of Cumbria campus in Ambleside throughout this period, meals will be provided, and expenses are paid. A knowledge of classical music, having a full driving licence and access to a vehicle are preferable, but not necessarily essential. Please include this information in your application.
For more information on the role, and how to apply, please visit www.ldsm.org.uk.