Event Assistant (Festival), Lake District Summer Music
- Closes 31st May 2019
- Type Full time (work experience)
- Salary Unpaid
- Contact Claire Mattison firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to gain work experience at a classical music festival?
We’re looking for Event Assistants to join this year’s Festival Team!
As one of two Event Assistants, you will work as part of the LDSM Festival Team, which consists of a Production Manager, a Venues and Tech Manager, two Artist Managers, and two Event Managers. You will be supported by the Event Managers and will work closely with them for each event.
This role offers you the opportunity to assist with:
Venue management, by
- Preparing a variety of different venues for concerts
- Setting up a temporary Box Office at each venue
- Serving refreshments to audience members
Front of House management, by
- Working with Front of House volunteers to ensure smooth and efficient running of events
- Completing report sheets
- Providing high-quality customer service and responding to requests
- Liaising with the duty Artist Manager and Event Manager
- Documenting Front of House sales, including refreshment sales, programme sales and other takings
This position is voluntary, and is ideal for those wishing to develop their experience working hands-on in the arts sector. Applicants are required to be available for the entirety of the period covering from lunchtime Wednesday 24 July until the afternoon of Saturday 10 August. Accommodation will be provided at the University of Cumbria campus in Ambleside throughout this period, meals will be provided, and expenses are paid. A knowledge of classical music, having a full driving licence and access to a vehicle are preferable, but not necessarily essential. Please include this information in your application.
For more information on the role, and how to apply, please visit www.ldsm.org.uk.