World Gymnastics Championships Liverpool 2022 (WGC2022)
Education Resource Commissioning Brief
From 29 October – 06 November 2022, the city of Liverpool is to host the World Gymnastics Championships.
Delivered by Liverpool City Council in partnership UK Sport and British Gymnastics, over 550 gymnasts from 75 countries are expected to compete at the M&S Bank Arena, making it one of the largest international sporting events ever to be held in the city. Attracting a substantial worldwide audience, the atmosphere is sure to be electric as the world’s best gymnasts go head-to-head in displays of poise, power, precision and artistry over nine action-packed days. A global gymnastics event; an unforgettable experience.
For further information visit 2022worldgymnastics.com
Education Resource Requirement:
WGC2022 and Culture Liverpool are seeking a Project Manager to develop and deliver a cross-curricular, creative education online resource linked to the WGC2022 and the city of Liverpool.
The resource content needs to be innovative in its approach, using various methods, suggested activities and cross-curricular creative lesson ideas to engage children and young people in schools.
The resource needs to outline lesson ideas which are flexible in adaptation to meet the requirements of each Key Stage by teachers and be relevant to all age-groups, Key Stages and subjects.
The resource must link to content from Championships partners e.g. British Gymnastics, Liverpool City Council’s Children Services and Sports Development, Liverpool Learning Partnership and the cultural sector. The resource should also signpost to opportunities linked to the legacy programme.
- Oct 2021 Research & Development / Teacher training opportunity / feedback
- Nov 2021 Further development / launch resource
Budget – £4,000 to include all costs
Output – online, downloadable educational resource and accompanying twilight/CPD session/s
Reach – targeted at LCR, KS1, 2 and 3 plus early years provision
Teacher Training/feedback – Develop offer for teachers to be introduced to the programme and resource via twilight or CPD session using creativity as inspiration.
WGC2022 and Culture Liverpool are seeking to engage an experienced creative education
professional to work with the Local Organising Committee, Liverpool City Council and British Gymnastics to develop and coordinate a creative education resource to complement the World Gymnastics Championships 2022 in Liverpool.
- Proven track record in developing and delivering cross-curricular, creative education resources
- To deliver a creative education online resource for WGC2022.
- Work with partners to identify opportunities to signpost educational opportunities within the overall programme to leave a lasting legacy.
- Support Education partners to be meaningfully and actively involved in the development of the resource.
- Develop and deliver an innovative, imaginative, and inclusive, cross-curricular educational resource that reflects the diversity of the city.
- Work with Marketing and Communication team on the design and launch of the online resource, plus ensure digital interaction for schools in creating an online presence of associated school work and projects.
- To gather feedback and input from teachers via a series of twilight or other CPD sessions on the relevance of the resource content.
Requirements for application
Outline experience in relation to above criteria and provide CV. Please confirm all costs relating to this piece of work.
Deadline for Application
Monday 4th October 2021
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org