Education Development Officer, Gallery Oldham
Employer: Oldham Council
Location: Gallery Oldham, Cultural quarter, Greaves St, Oldham Ol1 1AL
Salary: £21,745 – £25,694 p.a.
Working Hours: 36.40 hrs per week
Closing date: 06/11/2016 23:59
Interview Date: Thursday 1st December
Please see additional Terms and Conditions here.
This is an exciting time to join the Arts & Heritage Team as we embark on a major capital development which will deliver a new Heritage and Arts Centre for Oldham.
Gallery Oldham and heritage services have established an excellent reputation for innovative participatory formal education and family programmes, community engagement and partnership working.
We are now seeking an experienced, creative and energetic Education Development Officer to join our team.
- Design and delivery of formal learning initiatives, workshops and sessions.
- Working with schools to co-ordinate learning development initiatives including project initiation, delivery and evaluation
- Development of learning resources
- Design and delivery of informal learning activities
- Managing project workers and freelance artists and a track record of building and sustaining partnerships.
- Community engagement with schools /community groups etc., including planning and developing exhibitions and displays
- Management of freelance project workers and artists
To succeed in this role you will need as a minimum:
- A recognised qualification or degree in a relevant area of work (e.g. education, learning, museum and heritage studies etc.)
- Experience of working in an art gallery or heritage environment
- Experience of the design and delivery of formal learning initiatives, workshops and sessions.
- Experience of working with schools to co-ordinate learning development initiatives including project initiation, delivery and evaluation.
- Experience of the design and delivery of informal learning activities for a variety of audiences
- Experience in managing artists and freelance project staff.
To apply for this post please follow the link: