- Deadline: 18th August 2021
- Salary: £40k-50k pro rata
The Shakespeare North Playhouse, which is currently being built in Prescot, is due to open to the public in Summer 2022.
We are looking for qualified accountant (CCAB or CIMA) for the role of Director of Finance who is educated to degree level with evidence of relevant experience, ideally within the charity/not-for-profit sector. Knowledge of government accounting would also be desirable.
The Finance Director will be responsible for the overall financial management of the Theatre, ensuring that it fulfils its charitable objectives and corporate governance requirements.
This is a demanding post and it is also an exceptional opportunity to work in a small and friendly environment at a busy and challenging time. The ideal candidate will have some understanding of the theatre sector, local business environment and an interest in the work of what will become a very high-profile Theatre.
This is a part-time role working 20 hours per week.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Manage the financial affairs of the Theatre ensuring that the CEO, Trustees and Managers are supplied with timely, accurate and relevant financial information.
- Act as Company Secretary to the Shakespeare North Trust, the independent charity operating the Theatre.
- Ensure the final audited Annual Report & Accounts are ready for approval by the Trustees in good time each year. Oversee the payroll and pensions functions.
- Provide any financial returns and reporting required by the Theatre’s funders.
- Maintain and review financial and internal control systems.
- This is a part time role working 20 hours per week on a flexible basis to suit business needs.
Interested applicants should visit www.shakespearenorthtrust.co.uk/jobs/ to download a full job description and for application details.