Development Officer, Lakeland Arts
- Closes 13th June 2019
- Type Full time
- Salary Paid (£20k-25k)
- Contact Helen Tappenden firstname.lastname@example.org
In this role you’ll support the sustainability and growth of Lakeland Arts by contributing to the delivery of our fundraising strategy, with a particular focus on our core programme of exhibitions and participation activities. You’ll secure grants and donations from a range of sources, including trusts and foundations, statutory funders, corporates and individual donors. Working collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation, you’ll build and nurture relationships with external stakeholders to help deliver the fundraising strategy. You’ll assist with the capital fundraising campaign as, with the support of a Large Capital Grant from Arts Council England, we embark on the major redevelopment of Abbot Hall ahead of its 60th anniversary in 2022.
- Identify potential funders for Lakeland Arts’ core programmes and projects.
- Develop high quality funding applications and sponsorship proposals to a range of funders including trusts and foundations, public sector organisations, corporate sponsors and individual donors.
- Develop and maintain robust fundraising systems and processes.
- Maintain records, develop projections and produce high-quality reports on activity and achievements against Lakeland Arts’ fundraising targets.
- Ensure the highest level of donor care of sponsors and supporters.
- Support with the cultivation of new prospective private donors and help ensure existing relationships with current donors and supporters are maintained and developed.
- Work with colleagues to support, service and develop the Lakeland Arts membership scheme.
- Support capital fundraising, particularly for Abbot Hall, working with the Head of Development, Project Manager and external consultants.
- Contribute to Lakeland Arts’ stakeholder events and other activities to promote Lakeland Arts and involve local communities, visitors and key stakeholders.
- Support Lakeland Arts transition to a new CRM and EPOS system.