Curatorial & Community Engagement Assistant, Link4Life
- Closes 26th November 2017
- Type Full time
- Salary Paid (£15k-20k)
- Contact email@example.com
Touchstones Rochdale Art Gallery (part of Link4Life) has entered an exciting new chapter in its history. Having revised our exhibitions and acquisitions policy in January 2015 to reflect three key strands we have since been awarded significant funding from the Arts Council England, amongst others (including the Henry Moore Foundation and The Foyle Foundation), to deliver an exciting programme of contemporary activity (exhibitions, commissions and outreach projects) called Contemporary Forward over a two-year period (April 2017 – April 2019).
The post holder will work specifically on these programmes of work (exhibitions, outreach and collections) and play a pivotal role in all aspects of their development and delivery. We will support the post holder to develop the following skills:
- Exhibitions and events management and delivery;
- Loans procedures, processes and administration;
- Artist and commercial gallery liaison;
- PR and marketing;
- Technical installation and de-installation of work and exhibitions;
- Community engagement and audience development;
- Acquisitions – research, development and administration;
- Collections management and care;
- Fundraising – public and private.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU?
This is a fixed term contract from 1st February to 2018 to 31st January 2019. This post is funded by the Weston Jerwood Creative Bursaries programme. As such, to apply you must meet the following criteria:
- Have graduated with a first degree (BA or equivalent) in any subject within the past two years (ie in 2015, 2016 or 2017). No minimum grade required; and
- Have received a full maintenance grant during the full period of your course and be able to verify it with the necessary paperwork; and
- Be a full-time UK resident.
We also expect you to have:
- A love of visual arts;
- A passion to help people engage with art and culture;
- A willingness to learn new skills;
- Quick wits, commitment and staying power;
- A flexible approach to working hours, location, and tasks;
- Excellent communication skills and a friendly demeanour
To apply for this job please visit our website where you can find further information and apply by completing an application form. Please note CV’s are not accepted.