Creative Commission Call-out (Our Place in the World), The Culture Co-op (Lancaster District Cultural Education Partnership)
- Closes 26th June 2020
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- Contact Anthony Briggs firstname.lastname@example.org
The Culture Co-op are seeking proposals from Lancashire and South Lakes based independent artists and small organisations/ collectives not in receipt of regular funding, to produce four creative projects, resources and outputs primarily aimed at young people aged 13-19 years (and young people up to the age of 25 with a disability) across the Lancaster district.
- Develop a new socially and artistically accessible product, resource or participatory project that engages young people with limited previous engagement in the arts
- Create an artistic output that engages and connects meaningfully with young people in a safe way
- Provide a platform to validate and celebrate young people’s lived experiences and voice
- Cultivate a conduit for young people to connect with their peers through virtual, digital and offline methodologies
- Connect disparate young people across distances, reducing isolation and improving mental health
- Meet Arts Council England’s Quality Principles
Successful applicants will receive a budget of £2,000 and 5-hours’ worth of support/ mentoring.
We will accept proposals in a number of forms; written, dictated, filmed etc… however please keep everything to a maximum of four pages of A4 or 4 minutes of audio/ film.
What we want to see/ hear in your proposal;
- A description of your work, areas of expertise (we welcome links to your work) and experience of working with young people 13-19 (up to 25 with a disability)
- A detailed description of your idea and proposed timeline of activity
- A description of how you will go about engaging young people from the Lancaster district
- List of collaborators and partners and how they will support your project idea
- A description of the impact and positive changes your project will enable and how you will record these outcomes
- A detailed indicative budget for how you will spend the £2,000 and details of any cash match funding and/ or in-kind support (using our budget template)
- A statement of how you will ensure your work is inclusive and accessible
Submission deadline: Friday 26th June 2020, 12pm
Go to the LYC website for application materials.