Community Engagement Coordinator, The Reader
- Closes 11th September 2019
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- Contact Kate Harrison email@example.com
This role requires an experienced, hardworking and well networked individual who can raise awareness of the work of The Reader and our project with The Steve Morgan Foundation. The Community Engagement Coordinator role will be key to establishing local and regional connections and building partnerships which place shared reading firmly within local communities, helping us to reach young people and families specifically:
- · Children under 8 years old (and their parents and siblings) living in areas of high deprivation
- · Children and families receiving additional support, be that for health or socio-economic reasons
- · Children living with disabilities and their families
- · New parents and parents- to-be
This is an exciting opportunity for a hard working individual to join our team and develop a diverse range of partnerships across the City and North West.
· Work closely with the wider Children & Young Persons Team to successfully plan and deliver the outcomes of the Steve Morgan Foundation funded First Page Project
· Build and strengthen relationships with partners, and a variety of stakeholders across the region, introducing them to Shared Reading and volunteer opportunities
· Identify suitable partners and locations for our project workshops, Shared Reading groups and story times to be embedded within partner services and delivered across the region
· Co-ordinate an effective training and support programme for partner staff and volunteers
· Work closely with the Evaluation and Monitoring manager to ensure effective monitoring and evaluation takes place in a timely manner according to the needs of the project.