Community Arts Sessional Internal Verifier
£15 per hour
The Florrie is an historical and architectural gem in the heart of Riverside ward in South Liverpool and offers a wide variety of participatory activities for people of all ages, multi-purpose event spaces available for hire and fully inclusive workspaces for businesses.
The Florrie is developing a newly accredited vocational education programme that provides vocational equivalents of GCSE A-C qualifications in Community Arts linking vocational training to live creative projects.
Role of an Internal Verifier includes:
- Carrying out and evaluating internal assessment and quality improvement systems.
- Supporting assessors.
- Monitoring the quality of assessor’s performance.
- Meeting external quality improvement requirements.
Internal verifiers must:
- Have occupational experience, understanding and any necessary qualifications, as specified in SQA Qualification include PTTLS, TAQA or D34 or equivalents; or
- Achieve a relevant verifier qualification within 18 months of starting to practice.
- Understand the process of assessment and verification within the context of quality improvement.
- Ensure health, safety and environmental protection procedures are applied within assessment arrangements.
- Apply and monitor equal opportunities and access procedures throughout all assessment procedures.
- Have a clear understanding of the standards to which the learner is being assessed and ensure that any queries in relation to the interpretation of the standards are brought to the attention of the external verifier.
- Work with others to ensure standardisation of assessment practice and outcomes
- Follow agreed procedures for the recording, storing, reporting and confidentiality of information.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity to work on developing a newly accredited training programme please send your CV to Jo Anderson Jo@theflorrie.org or call for an informal chat on 0151 728 2323
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, qualifications/skills and experience detailed within the role profile.
The Florrie is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.