Collections Assistant Digital Access & Engagement, Gallery Oldham, Oldham Council
- Closes 11th February 2019
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£20k-25k pro rata)
- Contact email@example.com
Health & Wellbeing
Heritage, Libraries & Arts
Collections Assistant Digital Access & Engagement
Contract Type: Fixed Term 18 months
Salary: Grade 5 £22,401-£26,470p.a. (Actual Salary: £11,304 – £13,358)
Hours: 18.30 per week
Based: Gallery Oldham, Cultural Quarter, Greaves St, Oldham Ol1 1AL
Closing date: Monday 11th February 5pm
Shortlisting & Interview Dates: Shortlisting week beginning 18th February 2019.
Interviews Thursday 28th February 2019.
This is an exciting time to join the team at Gallery Oldham as we embark on a major capital development which will deliver a new Heritage and Arts Centre for Oldham.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and committed Collections Assistant Digital Access & Engagement to maximise the use of digital to widen access, increase enjoyment and learning, and develop the heritage offer. This post is funded by HLF.
- Work closely with staff, stakeholders, partners and the wider public on identifying priorities for digitisation and remote access to remove barriers, engage target audiences, conserve and develop the collections
- To support the development of an integrated search room and provide the widest possible access to information and resources
- To lead on the programme for digitisation of collections and information to extend remote access to collections
- Work with Education & Outreach staff and support digital engagement programmes which target currently under-represented sections of the community and assist with the development of a range of online learning resources.
- Identify training needs in relation to the use of digital resources with staff and the wider public and to assist in the development of training sessions and resources
To succeed in this role you will need as a minimum:
- Recognised qualification or degree in relevant area of work (i.e. museum/heritage studies, archives etc.)
- Experience of working in, for/with, a Gallery, Museum or Heritage environment
- High level ICT skills
- Able to cope with a physically demanding job which includes moving collections and equipment around sites and stores.