Chef, The Reader
- Closes 22nd May 2019
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- Contact Kate Harrison firstname.lastname@example.org
Full job description can be found here http://www.thereader.org.uk/getinvolved/jobs/
Rate of pay: £8.71 per hour
Hours: minimum 20 hours per week on a rota basis spanning 0800-1800 hours, Monday to Sunday.
Duration: Fixed term to 30th September 2019
About the Role:
The Chef will be flexible and hands on in all areas providing a range of profitable catering offers that work in harmony with the Reader’s ethos and vision, generating revenue and supporting our wider activity.
Our ideal candidate would have experience within a commercial kitchen/cafe environment with a keen interest and passion for food. You will be self-disciplined and able to produce food to a high standard with attention to detail. Experience in baking would be an advantage.
Current and relevant health and safety/food hygiene certificates are essential.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
· Prepare and deliver all items offered on the menu
· Provide leadership to the staff team ensuring that best practice and required standards of Health and Safety and Food Hygiene Legislation are fully adhered to at all times
· Ensure the café kitchen works in harmony with front of house at all times contributing to working relationships that enable customers to receive the care needed to benefit from and enjoy their visit.
· Ensure stock rotation and that deliveries are checked to ensure accurate quantity and quality of product
· Be aware of business profitability, minimising wastage.
· Ensure all cleaning schedules, food temperature and fridge temperature records are current and contain information required by food safety regulations with any testing carried out as instructed.
· Ensure that all kitchen equipment is properly cleaned, maintained and used safely