Ceramics Tutor (part-time), Community Clay Studio Manchester CIC
- Closes: 4th December 2020
- Type: Part time
- Salary: Paid (£30k-40k pro rata)
- Contact: Stephen Graham firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a temporary, part-time tutor to join our team to cover all aspects of teaching in the studio.
Our ideal candidate will be a good all-rounder and able to teach our regular hand building, weekend one off workshops and one to one throwing lessons.
We are looking for someone with an excellent ceramic knowledge and skills who can bring interesting approaches and project ideas to our hand building courses. The classes are of mixed ability and mixed interest. They may include some complete beginners and some experienced makers. So projects/techniques need to be appropriate and interesting for all levels.
We need an excellent communicator who will create a relaxed and friendly environment during workshops. You should be passionate and open-minded towards pottery, your students and their own practice ethos and interests.
Applicants must have:
- experience in all basic hand-building techniques.
- experience in a range of decorating techniques.
- experience in wheel throwing and turning.
- a good knowledge of studio Health and Safety
The job involves:
- preparation of the studio for the teaching session (which currently includes additional Covid measures)
- delivering sessions to groups of up to 10 people, (currently limited to 6 due to social distancing regulations).
- ensuring the studio meets Health and Safety requirements.
The hours may vary according to Covid-19 restrictions but will include some evening and weekend work. The classes that are likely to need covering include:
Tuesday evenings 6:30-9pm
Wednesday evenings 6:30-9pm
Sunday mornings 9:30am-12pm
Saturdays (one off weekend workshops)- these are an optional extra if you are available to teach.
This is a temporary position which will initially cover January 2021- July 2021 (with the potential of extending until December 21)
To apply please send us an up to date CV with all your relevant experience, 6 images of your work, 6 images of projects that you have taught and a cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Friday December 4th