Celebrate Freelance Festival Co-ordinator, Whalley Range Community Forum
- Closes 5th February 2017
- Type Temporary
- Salary Paid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- Contact Chris Ricard firstname.lastname@example.org
Whalley Range Community Forum (WRCF) and Whalley Range Youth Opportunities Association (WRYOA) are looking for a highly organised Freelance Festival Co-ordinator to oversee Celebrate Festival 2017.
Fee: £2,000 (equivalent to 16 days at £125, including expenses).
The 20th Celebrate Festival will take place on Monday May 1st.
The theme of the festival will be our 20thanniversary, the changes we have seen in our community and our aspirations for the future. We need a creative individual to take this theme and create a vision to inspire participants.
The Festival has been held at many venues in Whalley Range over the years. Last year it was held very successfully in Manley Park and we hope to return there this year.
WRCF and WRYOA work with the Festival Steering Committee to organise a community festival each year in Whalley Range ward in South Manchester. WRCF has secured funding from Big Lottery Celebrate fund, so the basic infrastructure costs of the festival day are covered. However we are actively seeking additional funds for an education programme and for further attractions. The Co-ordinator will be closely involved in this.
Key elements of the role:
- Working alongside WRCF/WRYOA to raise additional funds to produce the festival
- To develop and deliver Celebrate 2017, including a diverse range of activities and performances
- To be responsible for the creative vision of the festival with a focus on quality
- To communicate effectively with partners, community organisations, artists, participants, venues, suppliers, licensing authorities etc
- To liaise with schools in the area to encourage participation
- To recruit and manage freelance artists, project staff and volunteers
- To be responsible, with the Steering Committee for managing the Festival budget
- To promote the festival
- To produce a final report for funders, including monitoring and evaluation.
How to apply: Please email your CV, plus one side of A4 setting out your experience of successful project management in diverse communities, and delivery of community events and your ability to deliver the key elements above to email@example.com
Please supply your UTR number with your application.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 5th February. Interviews Friday 10th February.