Tate Catering at Tate Liverpool is looking to recruit a Café and Events Supervisor to join our friendly and hardworking team on a permanent basis.
Tate Catering aims to be the best gallery catering facility in the world with a strong commitment to quality, service and sustainability in the food and drink we serve. The successful candidate will share this passion.
We’re looking for someone who has had previous experience supervising a small team in a busy café environment, with an interest in the events that we run at Tate Liverpool. You will be responsible for providing a supporting role for the Assistant Manager and General Manager and will be involved in opening and closing duties, managing the shift, enhancing customer service and cashing up. You will also be supervising some of our events at Tate Liverpool, mostly during the day but we also do some dinners and evening canape receptions. You will need to be available to work full-time, including the weekend and some evenings.
Our ideal candidate will be:
• an excellent customer-focused role model for the team, motivating and inspiring the team to deliver excellent customer service
• be experienced at supervising events, including some evening events
• commercially astute, looking to proactively upsell
• responsible for the team of waiting staff, ensuring that they adhere to company standards and procedures
• happy to make improvements and deliver job specific training to staff
We are looking for an enthusiastic, pro-active, customer-focused motivator who can be flexible, resourceful and who loves a challenge. If this sounds like you, then please apply and tell us why you are the best person for the job. In addition to a great team to work with, we offer great benefits, including great discounts in Tate shops and cafés, Employee Assistance Program, Cycle scheme and free entry to exhibitions for you, your friends and family.
We will be conducting trial shifts and interviews from 2nd February
As a member of the Two Ticks Scheme, we interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for a job vacancy.