The Florence Institute Trust
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Salary: £30,000 pa
Working Hours: 40, hours pw. Monday-Friday (evenings and weekends may be required subject to the business needs)
Contract: Fixed Term until June 2018
Funder: Power To Change
Responsible To: CEO Florence Institute Trust (The Florrie)
Responsible For: Sessional Tutors
Place of Work: Florence Institute Trust, 377 Mill Street Liverpool
Closing Date: 20th January 2017
Interviews to be held: 26th & 27th January 2017
Role Overview (summary): To establish The Florrie as an accredited learning and training organisation and secure training contracts that will deliver new services and contribute to the long term sustainability of the Florrie.
Our vision through Power To Change funding is to develop a training facility that will generate surplus income through the development of our existing café and catering facilities that will support other youth and community programmes throughout the Florrie . You will be responsible for delivering specific outputs and outcomes, creating training places and other learning opportunities.
1. Support the Florrie to move from grant dependency to secure annual sources of income generation through the delivery of education and training programmes
2. Maximise the commercial opportunities of the Florrie, specifically income that can be generated through our café and kitchen facilities.
3. Deliver the specific outputs as outlined in the funding agreement with PtC
4. Create up to 70 learning places per year and recruit learners on to the courses
5. Overall responsibility of helping young people achieve accredited qualifications and learn work skills through links with employers, matching young people with job opportunities
6. Create new volunteering opportunities at the Florrie
7. Develop new partnering opportunities for new activities and services that benefit the wider L8 community
8. Establish new working relationships and contracts with training providers
9. Manage the sub contract with our training provider through this programme
10. Further support the Florries commercial income through new tenancies and rental space
11. Further support the Florries commercial income through securing contracts for outside agencies to use our facilities for conferences, room hires etc.
12. To manage the budget for the programme and maintain accurate records of all income and expenditure in accordance with the Florries Financial Regulations.
13. Recruit and line manage sessional tutors
14. Publicise and Market the programme
15. Monitor and evaluate the impact and effectiveness of the project.
16. To provide written and verbal reports to the Florrie CEO, Trustees, funding agencies and other key partners.
17. Contribute as part of a team to the wider objectives and business plan of the Florence Institute Trust
18. To ensure that all aspects of the programme are delivered in a way that promotes equal opportunities for individuals and all sectors of the community.
19. To carry out other reasonable duties as required.
20. A valid, full and clean UK driving licence, and access to a vehicle which can be used for work purposes is an essential criteria for this position.
NB: This job description identifies key responsibilities and requirements. It is not an exhaustive list of tasks that need to be completed. The Florence Institute Limited reserves the right to amend the job description as the role develops with the organisation
For Person specification and how to apply: http://www.theflorrie.org/jobs