Associate Producer, Unity Theatre
- Closes2nd November 2020
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k pro rata)
- ContactAnnemarie Martin Info@unitytheatre.co.uk
Job Title: Associate Producer
Hours per week: 30 hours
Salary: £21,260 (fte. £26,575)
Contract: 18 month fixed-term contract from January 2021
Flexible working: This is intentionally a four day a week contract to allow you to pursue existing and emerging freelance roles.
Additional relocation support required if needed.
Applications Open: Friday 9th October
Application Deadline: Monday 2nd November
Interview Date: Monday 9th / Tuesday 10th November Via Zoom
About The Role
Through Unity’s talent development programme Creative’pool, Unity is supporting more Liverpool artists to develop touring work and maintain sustainable careers in the arts sector. To support them further, we want to identify and develop the next generation of freelance producers developing work in Merseyside.
We are now looking for an experienced producer who is passionate about supporting local artists to realise their creative ideas and tour work, to join the team on an 18-month professional development placement. We’ll ensure you meet lots of talented artists and play a core role in supporting them to realise their full potential.
Unity’s Associate Producer will be a core member of the Unity team, managing our talent development projects and supporting the AD/CEO to oversee relationships with visiting companies and producing partners. To support your professional development, you will also:
- Undertake a part-time 3-4 month placement with Liverpool Everyman and Playhouse, working alongside their YEP and New Writing teams to support to local artists, mentored by the Senior Producer and YEP Director.
- Undertake a 1 month placement with a local grassroots partner organisation
- Design an external training programme bespoke to you
- Represent Unity at events and industry performances
- Receive guidance from a mentor for producing a Unity-supported artist or company on a national tour