Artist Manager (Festival), Lake District Summer Music
- Closes 31st May 2019
- Type Full time
- Salary Paid (£15k-20k)
- Contact Claire Mattison email@example.com
Want to work at a classical music festival?
We’re looking for Artist Managers to join this year’s Festival Team!
As one of two Artist Managers, you will work as part of the LDSM Festival Team, which consists of a Production Manager, a Venues and Tech Manager, two Event Managers and two Event Assistants.
This role offers you the opportunity to be responsible for:
- Contacting all artists, and agents, prior to their arrival, confirming arrival times and transportation
- Meeting and greeting artists on arrival
- Attending all pre-concert rehearsals and providing assistance to the artists
- Providing a liaison point between the artists and Technical Manager on technical issues
- Liaising with artists on complimentary ticket requirements
- Ensuring artists are provided with necessary transport to and from venues (where agreed)
- Liaising with the Event Manager on performance and interval times to ensure concerts run to schedule
- Acting as Stage Manager for performances, including stage set-up
- Completing PRS forms for each concert and submitting them to the General Manager
- Providing support and assistance to other members of the Festival Team to ensure the smooth and efficient running of LDSM
This position is paid, and is ideal for those wishing to develop their experience working hands-on in the arts sector. Applicants are required to be available for the entirety of the period covering from lunchtime Wednesday 24 July until the afternoon of Saturday 10 August 2019. Accommodation will be provided at the University of Cumbria campus in Ambleside throughout this period, meals will be provided, and expenses are paid. A knowledge of classical music, having a full driving licence and access to a vehicle are preferable, but not necessarily essential. Please include this information in your application.
For more information on the role, and how to apply, please visit www.ldsm.org.uk.