Deadline: Tuesday 1 March 2016. Paid.
We are looking for any kind of theatre maker: Writer; director; performer; company; artist; designer etc.
- The piece has to be targeted at 8 – 13 year olds.
- We are committed to representing the diverse world we live in. Your proposal must respond to ACE Creative Case for Diversity
- We are committed to supporting artists from the North
- This commission will need to begin with an outreach phase, targeted to reach 8-13 year olds, as part of the r&d in 2016, acting as a taster to entice audiences in this age range to attend the final piece of theatre, having played a part in its development.
The piece must have the ability to be performed across the network, so ideally it needs to be adaptable for anything from rural touring to mid-scale venues and schools.
- We are working with an initial draft production budget of £65,000 (excluding tour costs), confirmed via ACE Strategic Touring and funds from Z-arts and other Big Imaginations members. We are seeking additional funds from co-commissioners around the country to increase this total as well as adding touring venues.
- Partners are also contributing significant in-kind resources including space, marketing, mentoring, working outdoors or in rural locations, tour booking, engaging with schools and communities, outreach with low engagement communities.
How to apply
- Submit one side of A4 paper summarising your idea, including any other artists you may wish to work with, if known.
- Attach a copy of your cv / biography (for each collaborator if the application is from more than one person)
- Supply a link to your website or other examples of previous work
- Submit a separate page of A4 in which you address:
– How you will incorporate the Creative Case
– How you will support the development of Northern artists
– Ideas you have for the outreach element and who would deliver it.
- Send your completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Tuesday 1st March 2016.
Further information visit http://www.z-arts.org/work-at-z-arts/jobs/