Jerwood Creative Fellowships, Manchester International Festival
- Closes 2nd January 2017
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- Contact Jennifer Cleary email@example.com
To find out more and apply for this role please follow the instructions on our website very carefully – http://mif.co.uk/about-us/work-with-us/#AF
At the start of 2016, MIF welcomed 100 local artists to a special open evening at our offices near Deansgate. When asked how they would like to connect with the Festival, many expressed an interest in learning more about how MIF work is made and gaining greater access to the work during its development.
Thanks to the generosity of the Jerwood Charitable Foundation, we’re now offering six Greater Manchester-based creatives the chance to win a special MIF17 Fellowship that does exactly that.
It will offer:
• an observational training attachment to the making and delivery of an MIF17 Commission (we expect individuals to spend in the region of 4 to 6 weeks from February to July 2017 on this attachment)
• opportunities for candidates to develop their professional experience and knowledge – for example, of a different art form or a different scale of work
• financial support for time taken to undertake the attachment, via a bursary of up to £3,000 (tailored to individual needs)
• additional assistance with travel outside Manchester as per project requirements
• a cohort of other fellows to develop and share learning with
• opportunities to share learning with the wider creative community in the city
• an opportunity to interact with the wider festival team and develop understanding and insight of MIF activity.