Head of Communications, The Reader
- Duration: Permanent
- Salary: £27,000 to £35,000 per annum
- Working Hours/Pattern: 35 hours per week. Monday to Friday, 0900-1700 hours.Flexible working arrangements will be considered.
- Annual Leave: 30 days per year plus bank holidays
- Location: The Reader, Mansion House, Calderstones Park, Liverpool L18 3JB (National travel may be required)
- Reporting to: Associate Director of Development and Communications
- Responsible for: Marketing and Communications Manager, Communications Assistant, Interns
About this role
The Head of Communications role is a new post which has strategic and operational responsibility for all aspects of communications (internal and external), marketing and brand management for The Reader. You will be a senior leader in the organisation, taking responsibility for developing and refining our messages to the world. Your work will increase awareness of, and engagement with The Reader as an evolving, innovative charity and social enterprise with a strong Liverpool base and growing national, and international, reach.
The Reader is at an exciting point in its development. We have just finalised a new five-year business plan that will see the organisation evolve and grow a new volunteer-led model for Shared Reading to radically increase our reach across the UK. 2018 will also see the launch of the International Centre for Shared Reading at Calderstones Park, our Liverpool home. It is in this context that we are now investing in our communications function, new digital infrastructure and brand development. You’ll lead a small, committed team, work closely with The Reader’s Director Jane Davis and be a vital part of The Reader’s Senior Management team.
All information can be found here http://www.thereader.org.uk/getinvolved/jobs/