Freelance Marketing Coordinator
Liverpool Arab Arts Festival (LAAF) is looking for a committed and experienced freelance Marketing Coordinator to play a key role in delivering its 2019 festival
Founded in 1998, Liverpool Arab Arts Festival is a registered charity delivering arts and community programmes that bring diverse cultures together, increasing appreciation and awareness of Arab culture and arts at a local, national and international level.
Our year-round programme of events and community projects includes Liverpool Arab Arts Festival, established in 2002 and still the UK’s premier annual Arab arts festival.
Each year, our festival brings a thrilling celebration of Arab culture to venues across the city and showcases the richness of Arab culture through a packed programme of visual art, music, dance, film, theatre, literature and special events.
Liverpool Arab Arts Festival will run from Friday 5 – Sunday 14 July 2019.
We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic (BAME) applicants as this group is currently under represented in the arts.
Post: Freelance Marketing Coordinator
Reporting to: Director and Festival Programme Manager
Hours: 16 hours (2 days per week) becoming full time during Liverpool Arab Arts Festival in July 2019
Contract duration: Equivalent of 44 days until the end of July 2019.
Based: In the LAAF office at Bluecoat and off-site for events
- Work closely with the LAAF team and its partner marketing agency to plan and deliver an agreed marketing strategy for the 2019 festival
- Manage and create engaging content for LAAF’s core social media platforms
- Manage and maintain LAAF’s website, publishing content aimed at increasing traffic and raising awareness of LAAF’s charitable status to encourage online donations
- Work with partners to coordinate the collation and quality control processes for the festival brochure, including: sourcing copy, approval, image rights and managing process of Arab translation
- To analyse regional and national audience data and profiles, applying actions to reach new audiences
- Publish monthly e-newsletters aimed at increasing LAAF’s mailing list numbers
- Draft press releases for events to support PR activities
- Research, develop and maintain marketing relationships with local, national and international partners
- Be present at LAAF events, managing social media and ensuring overall GDPR compliance
- Support LAAF’s increased digital activities where possible
- Coordinate and contribute to the festival evaluation report
- Manage LAAF’s evaluation materials and data collection processes for the festival, including the collating audience, visitor, artist and volunteer data in line with funder reporting criteria
- Represent LAAF at Audience Agency meetings
- Manage the festival’s customer care, complaints, access, equality and interpretation policies
- Take a creative approach to increasing traffic to LAAFs website and social media platforms
- Provide support to the Director and Festival Programme Manager as required
- To ensure branding and other marketing obligations to funders and sponsors are met
- Carry out duties with full regard to LAAF’s Equal Opportunities policy
- Be available throughout the entire festival period, with rota to be agreed in advance
- Represent LAAF at external events when appropriate
- Carry out other duties commensurate with the post as required
- A minimum of 3 years of marketing experience in the cultural sector
- Must possess knowledge and experience of adhering to GDPR guidelines
- Experience of Audience Agency collation and reporting
- Understanding of cultural sensitivities in relation to image and copy control
- Demonstrate experience in project coordination
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Effective in managing relationships at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness in your work
- Sensitivity and understanding to the different contexts of LAAF’s diverse work and audiences
- Excellent IT skills, including managing websites and social media
- A flexible and proactive approach to work
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend shifts
Deadline: 5pm, Monday 18 March 2019
To apply, please submit the following:
- CV and covering letter (maximum 2 sides of A4) demonstrating your suitability for the role
- A completed Equal opportunities monitoring form
Please email your completed application to email@example.com with the subject ‘Marketing Coordinator application.’
Interviews to be held the week commending Monday 25 March 2019.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org