Freelance designer (collaborative project with young people), The Whitworth
- Closes 14th July 2019
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£30k-40k pro rata)
- Contact Holly Grange firstname.lastname@example.org
Can you connect art, ideas and design?
Do you have an interest in design for social change and collaborative design?
The Whitworth is looking for a talented freelance designer for a project working with a group of 10 young people aged 16-25 this Summer.
What the project involves…
Using your skills as a designer, cultural producer and workshop leader you will plan and deliver a series of workshops for young people in collaboration with Learning and Curatorial teams at the Whitworth, to be delivered over two weeks in August 2019.
You will produce through collaborative design processes with the young people, a resource including facsimiles from the Whitworth’s collection and classroom activities, which can tour to schools in Greater Manchester and be used to open up conservations regarding the links between mental health, emotional wellbeing and creativity.
What we are looking for…
- You are designer with a unique visual style and a strong portfolio that demonstrates the quality of your design practice and ideas
- You may be a product designer, a graphic designer, an illustrator or fine artist with experience of design work.
- You have an interest and ability to engage people from all backgrounds in particular in conversations around mental health and well-being.
- You are interested in working collaboratively, in partnership with experienced practitioners and staff across the gallery.
- You are able to work flexible hours including evenings
- You have experience of delivering creative learning workshops
- You have experience of working with the age group 16-25
Fee: £1,875 for 12.5 days work (£150 per day)
Deadline for applications: Midnight Sunday 14 July
Interviews held on: Monday 22 July
Summer School dates: August (21, 22, 23, 27, 28 and 29 August). These dates are fixed.
Click here for more information about the project and how to apply: http://bit.ly/WhitworthDesignOpportunity