Finance Assistant, Manchester International Festival
- Closes 8th March 2017
- Type Full time
- Salary Paid (£15k-20k)
- Contact David Fox email@example.com
To apply for this role please follow the instructions on our website carefully – http://mif.co.uk/about-us/work-with-us
Duration: 2 May 2017 to 29 September 2017
The Finance Assistant – Purchase Ledger is responsible for assisting the Head of Finance and the Finance Coordinator in smooth running of the Festival’s finance operation. This is an extremely busy period for the Finance team in the lead up to, during and after the Festival when payments to artists and suppliers need to be processed extremely quickly and efficiently.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Logging all purchase invoices and distributing to budget holders.
- Tracking the progress of purchase invoices through authorisation and payment processes.
- Creating new and maintaining the existing Creditors accounts in the accounting system (Sage).
- Preparing batches of authorised purchase invoices for import into Sage.
- Retrieving relevant invoices due for payment, based on Aged Creditors report and the invoice log.
- Regular reviews of supplier statements and reconciliations to Sage records and Aged Creditor reports.
- Assisting with artist and supplier payment runs (e.g. compiling lists of payees from Artifax).
- Keeping Artifax up-to-date regarding payments to contractors and performers.
- Maintaining the purchase invoices log and other relevant records up-to-date.
- Recording and tracing financial transactions on Sage as required.
- Preparing supplier information and reports from Sage and other sources, as and when required.
- Dealing effectively with telephone and other enquiries and taking messages.
- Keeping in order electronic and paper filing of finance documents (e.g. Purchase invoices; Aged Creditor listings; supplier statements).
- Providing information to other staff as required. Assisting with maintaining other logs of financial information, e.g. gift-aid donations, issued cash floats, self-employment forms and FEU information, as and when required.
- Assisting with checking expenses, visa credit card and petty cash claims and preparing them for import into the SAGE accounting system, as and when required.
- Assisting with preparation of payroll information and associated documentation, as and when required.
- General assistance to the Head of Finance and Finance Coordinator as and when required.