Faculty of Arts & Sciences, Graduate Teaching Assistant, Edge Hill University
£8,300 per annum plus benefits package | Fixed term for 3 years
A fantastic opportunity to study for a fully funded doctorate whilst gaining valuable teaching experience
You will have a 2.1 or above undergraduate degree in a relevant subject, whilst a Masters degree would also be an advantage. You should have a passion for pursuing original research in your subject area along with the desire to develop your teaching ability by supporting an experienced and dynamic undergraduate programme team. Highly motivated, resilient and with the determination to succeed, you will be committed to undertaking a PhD and will possess strong written and oral communication skills along with excellent organisational skills.
About the Role
Graduate Teaching Assistants hold a unique position in the University, being both registered students and carrying out teaching/teaching support duties.
Students will be expected to:
- Successfully undertake an initial programme of accredited research training.
- Undertake a PhD programme of research under the supervision of an appointed supervisory team.
- Enhance the research culture of the Department in which they are located and the University by participating in events, conferences and training.
- Successfully complete a programme of teacher training.
- Undertake up to six hours teaching a week as directed by the Head of Department.